More projects than time to keep this site updated, a new & much improved one is in the makes. Get in touch to be notified. Thank you!
|PostSpectacular is a small London based design studio and consultancy actively exploring the growing possibilities at the intersection of various design disciplines and software development. Working cross-disciplinary with a network of other creatives, our design approach is based on treating ideas as software at the heart, which in turn informs all other facets of each project.|
Please do get in touch for more information.
|We are using code as primary design tool to build unique, highly adaptable platforms, installations, services and systems for some of the world's most respected & innovative brands.|
Please also check out recent works and the manifesto. A new website is forthcoming…
My new installation had its first showing at the V&A Sackler Centre from May 30 - June 3, 2011: A lasercut ornamental room divider covered in 620 hand folded paper cones is used as canvas for an interactive & projection-mapped pattern generator.
More images on my flickr. More information forthcoming.
Just completed teaching two intensive Computational Design workshops at Bezalel Academy of arts and design Jerusalem (11-14 April 2011) and Victoria & Albert Museum London (1 Feb - 29 March 2011).
Devised & implemented a new semi-generative, interactive design system to create a collection of 3D printed characters for Universal Everything's La Gaite Lyrique show "Matt Pyke & Friends", open from 21 April - 27 May 2011.
Jason Bruges Studio's "Platform 5" at Sunderland Station wins Special projects category at Lighting Design Awards 2011 and commended for Design Week Awards 2011, Digital Installation Category. I developed the entire agent based generative design approach, editing tools and final installation software for JBS over a 5 month period last year.
toxiclibs showreel 2010
Thousand thanks to everyone who submitted their projects for this reel! I'm incredibly humbled to present to you the 2010 reel of 24 kicking projects done in the past year or so. For more information please visit: http://toxiclibs.org/
Last year's reel can be watched here.
A generative, open source identity commissioned by the Victoria and Albert Museum London for its upcoming landmark show
Decode: Digital Design Sensations.
The public is invited to remix & recode our original and submit their versions to be shown on screens throughout London Underground. Downloads at decode.googlecode.com & Pentasa generic
- Development of a realtime 3D city visualization engine for interactive architectural master plans
- Interactive installation at Victoria & Albert Museum London, 30 May - 04 June 2011
- Talk at Resonate, Belgrade, September 2011
- Olhares de Processing workshop at UCP Porto, Portugal, 12-18 July 2010
- Decode/Recode workshops at the V&A, Feb 27-28 2010
- 8-page feature & interview in EYE magazine, issue 74 (release in early December)
- Book feature in: 60. Innovators Shaping Our Creative Future, Thames & Hudson
- Network data visualization project for a large scale media facade in Dublin (with Jason Bruges Studio)
- Talk at Design for music conference at St.Bride Library, London, January 29, 2010
- Talk at Decoding the Digital conference at V&A, Feb 5, 2010
- Talk at Fall Summit 2009, Umeå Institute of Design, November 6, 2009
- Processing workshop at Umeå Institute of Design, Sweden, November 1-5, 2009
- Artist talk at Flash On The Beach, Brighton, September 20-23, 2009
- Interactive retail installation & content framework for Nokia World 2009
- Participation & judging for MIT Share collaborative creative coding experiment
- OFFF artist talk, Lisboa, May 2009
- Data Visualization & Processing workshop @ CADA, Lisboa, April 20-22
- Feature in Dutch Items magazine, April issue 2009
- Feature in German PAGE magazine, April issue, 2009
- Fid.Gen shortlisted & exhibited at Designs of the year 2009 exhibition @ Design Museum London, 02/2009
- Designing Seeds exhibition at Sheffield Institute of Art and Design, February 18th-March 4th, 2009
- 3-day intensive Processing & Digital Fabrication workshop at Sheffield Hallam University, 02/2009
- EYE Magazine issue 70 feature as part of an article about Digital Craft
- Buy combivir 4-page studio feature about PostSpectacular, October 24, 2008
- Design Week "Rising Stars" feature (out 1st week in October)
- SMS voting visualization for Nokia flagship store launch campaign, São Paulo
- Interaction design research for retail spaces of a Top 5 global brand
- Artist talk @ Semi-permanent 2008, Auckland, August 15, 2008
- Venlafaxine price, London, July 2-12, 2008